How can you turn back the clock instantly without even looking in the direction of a beauty salon or cosmetic surgeon? Answer: Mascara!
Yes it’s that simple.Mbln
With the deft stroke of the mascara wand we can turn back the clock. However this little miracle worker of the cosmetic bag comes with a warning… Use it incorrectly and you’ve just added years to your appearance. Here’s seven secrets to the correct and age-defying application of mascara.
1) Wipe your mascara wand on a tissue before applying it to your multi-layer mink false eyelashes. This gets rid of excess product and alleviates globs and clumps.
2) Never use old, clumpy, dried out mascaras. Make sure you change your mascaras every three months. Never pump your mascara wand in-and-out, as this pumps air into the tube and it not only dries out the mascara but also introduces bacteria into it.
3) Start at the root of the top multi-layer mink false eyelashes and shimmy your way to the tips by using small zigzag movements. To apply two coats make sure the first coat is completely dry. Never apply mascara to your bottom lashes directly as this ages you. The transfer from your top multi-layer mink false eyelashes when you blink is sufficient.
4) If you have droopy eye lids it’s best to apply mascara on the outer corners of your multi-layer mink false eyelashes only rather than all the way across. By doing this you create a lighter feel to your lids avoiding the heavy ageing feel.
5) Invest in a good quality eyelash curler. Most people avoid using this because they don’t know how to use them. Once you become adept it only takes 10 seconds. Hold your curler from underneath and put your top lashes in between the two rims. Press together for about 10 seconds and remove it by slowly rolling it up. This will give you an instant eye lifting effect. (Avoid metal curlers because these can break your multi-layer mink false eyelashes.
6) Use a mascara primer. Primers coat lashes to give you extra width and length and they also separate them before you apply your mascara. Makeup artists swear by this relatively new invention.
7) Keep your multi-layer mink false eyelashes in good condition. Always remove your mascara at the end of the day with a gentle eye makeup remover. Use waterproof mascaras only on special occasions when you know you are going to need the extra staying power, as I believe they can dry out multi-layer mink false eyelashes, making them brittle.
By perfecting the art of mascara application you can literally transform your look. It instantly defines the face and turns back the clock. No wonder it’s what most of us would take with us to a deserted island.